Wistful vs Wishful

The word Wishful means to have hope for something. 
The word Wistful means to have a melancholy longing for something.
The words are so close, just one letter off, but they have very different meanings.



This image very accurately depicts my mood lately. 
Definitely more wistful than wishful.  Wistful for nice weather, running, running, running, doing anything that makes me feel like I am doing something physical!
************************************




My husband would likely argue that this picture is a far more accurate depiction of my mood lately, but this is my blog so I choose wistful kitten over raging bitch cat...
*************************************



Regardless of which cat persona you go with, both are how I’ve felt lately (maybe one more than the other, but that’s not the point). And consider this fair warning in case you bump into me on the street...but actually try not to bump into me, my knee is still fragile and that’s a sure-fire way to see my rage face!


What’s wrong?  The same old stuff really. 

It snowed (again) and I really really wanted to go run around in it. It’s so pretty and quiet and fun to run in the snow. But instead I very gingerly walked around when I had to be outside, careful not to slip or fall or take an awkward step. A few awkward steps did happen and my knee was WAY more swollen as a result. It’ll go back down but it’s a pretty big bummer. 

My knee overall feels fine. No changes. Nothing new. Status quo. I’m at 20 weeks post-op which sounds like forever. Feels like forever. 

I will stop whining one of these days, I promise!  
I will try to be more like this wishful kitty...

...wishing for a bike ride, or a yoga class, or even a damn swim!

Ps- not sure why I chose cats for this post, I’m totally a dog person!






Comments

  1. Hang in there! I bet over the next 2-3 months things will drastically improve. Here is a blog for some inspiration, if you haven't seen it already- a few months ahead of you and doing very well with his transplant!

    http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=70076.msg671476#msg671476

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I definitely have my up and down weeks. I’m frustrated by the slow progress. But at least it’s progress! Hope you are well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Overwhelmed, in a good way!

End of the year, part 1