Chchchchchchanges....

Well, I got kicked out of Physical Therapy today! Marty gave me a big hug and told me not to come back unless I just want to say hi...

He warned me about this at my last appointment, but it was pretty surreal. So much about this whole ordeal has been scary and emotional and he was one constant that kept me grounded.

I saw him often. 
He knew me and what I could/couldn’t do and kept me from injuring myself.
He pushed me and motivated me.
He reeled me back in when I went too far.
Somehow he understood me early on, and just knew how to keep me moving, and really used that to get me to this point. 


He took me from the above picture, to what I am today. I’m so grateful he was in charge of my recovery!

Anyone who has needed medical help can tell you that having professionals that you trust and that work with you makes ALL the difference in the world. I would not be doing so well if Marty hadn’t been my PT...I’m certain of it. I told him that (through tears this morning) and he insisted it was all me. 
Nope. 
Not even close. 
He is really amazing and I will be forever grateful for his care. 
*I plan to bring him a Thank You card and a token of my appreciation in a few weeks, but I haven’t figured out what I want to do yet. I don’t want to just give him a gift card to Starbucks...any ideas?*

Anyway, so he did some strength testing again and he laughed (in a good impresses way) at how much progress I’ve made in the last few weeks since the last time I was tested. I’m at 73% on my quad strength (up from 62%), and at 60% with my hamstrings. I couldn’t even test my hamstrings last time because it strained my knee too much. My L hip is actually way stronger than my R because I’ve been doing so much work on the left side. 


So that’s it!  He wants me to come back as a “new” patient between 9 and 12 months from surgery to see if there is anything else he can help me with functionally. Otherwise he said, “ you’re free, go hit the ground running...well, not literally!”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overwhelmed, in a good way!

End of the year, part 1

Wistful vs Wishful