Silver Linings

Benefits of not being a runner anymore:
 
1) I don't have to try and scramble my work and family schedules around the races I signed up for a year earlier and forgot all about
 
 
2) I can wear athletic shoes that I like the looks of rather than wear the shoes that work best for my feet even if they cost a fortune and look like bowling shoes
 
3) There is far less laundry to do on a daily basis
 


4) I don't have to find the money for the full Ironman I planned to do next year
 
5) I can eat and drink what I want on a Saturday night and not worry about how it will affect my "long run" on Sunday


6) My toenails might grow back and I could start getting pedicures again


7) My day does not revolve around when I plan on running and how many miles it will be


8) I can volunteer at races like I've always wanted to, but couldn't because I also wanted to run in them



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overwhelmed, in a good way!

End of the year, part 1

Wistful vs Wishful