I get attached so easily!

Today makes 8 weeks since I had my surgery.
 
Today is also when I had to say goodbye to Marty my physical therapist. I knew back in August (after my scope surgery) that this was coming, but I still cried saying goodbye to him today....and yes, there are a lot of things that bring me to tears. It’s part of what makes me awesome who I am. 

Anyway, Marty is going away on a trip for 6 weeks, and he leaves Saturday, and today was my last session with him, and moving forward Michelle will be my PT person, and I’ll likely being doing everything from home or the gym by the time Marty returns, so no more PT with Marty. 

Maybe I have a problem with getting attached to people who help me walk again and maybe I become overly bonded to people who invest real time and effort in helping me understand the what and why of getting my body back to functioning. 

Whatever.

 I am sad to not be finishing this rehab with him.
I’m grateful that he knew how to push me and reel me back in at the same time. I really feel like I’ve had the perfect people behind me through this whole process, between Dr. Z and Lisa and Marty (and now Michelle hopefully). I’m so grateful. 

So here I am at 8 weeks. 

I can almost see the outline of my L kneecap!

I’m about 3 weeks ahead of schedule in terms of function, especially since I’ve only been walking for 2 weeks! I haven’t used the crutches at all in 2 days, and am working on normal stair walking. I drove 5 hours today to the bitter cold tundra that is Western NY, and will drive back home in less than 48 hours. My knee held up well aside from some stiffness (especially good considering I did a tough PT session right before we left).  


I am legitimately delighted by where I’m at right now, and am trusting that Michelle will get me through the next 6 weeks of PT! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overwhelmed, in a good way!

End of the year, part 1

Wistful vs Wishful